Product Types / Top Drive Earth Augers
Top Drive Earth Augers
Below is table for all production model Drills that APE and J&M produces. Each link will take you to the detailed specifications for the specified model. If you have any questions please call the APE Headquarters in Washington at (800) 248-8498. Business hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time. If you would like to contact us via email, please visit our Contact Request Form.
APE manufactures an improved version of the Poclain cam track hydraulic motor. We’ve added stronger bearings and a hollow shaft to create the most powerful drill motor on the market. A 200 ton dynamic force, lock nut retains the shaft between the upper and lower bearings including a high pressure 5 inch 300 pound flange that easily accepts any type of connection. This allows the motor to withstand higher dynamic axial loading than any other top drive drill on the market.
The two-speed, direct fluid-to-torque motor needs no gearbox or troublesome planetary gear reductions. It is self-lubricating, light, compact, and requires little to no maintenance. APE and King Oil tools joined forces to develop a grout swivel that can handle 2,500 psi and last up to 3000 holes without service. The APE/King Oil swivel is the only one on the market designed to carry high-pressure grout. The swivel incorporates a removable inner wear tube and replacement seals for fast and inexpensive repair. The initial cost of the APE swivel is more than an old technology OPW or Chicksan. However, this is more than made up for by the reduced downtime of a swivel rarely needs replacing. The APE proprietary hollow shaft makes this drill the most efficient on the market allowing for the best available torque efficiency putting the torque directly onto the shaft bypassing planetaries and bull gears.
J&M manufactures a full line of drills for pile pre-drilling and augered cast-in-place pile work. We also provide auger flighting made by K&D Equipment.
- Single speed, two speed or Autotorque
- Pre-drill, tie backs, cast in place, soil nails, mini-piles
- Bolted flange, Hex or API flighting connections
- Oversize roller bearings on output shaft for crowd
- Easy shaft seal replacement in field
- Heavy duty final drive gears practically indestructible
- Lifting bale with or without sheave
- Roller or angle lead guides for 20”, 27”, 33”
- Compatible with other hydraulic sources
- Autotorque has ultra low speed for grouting & DHH
- 3”, 4”, 6” through hole in output shaft
- Rotary joint and plumbing for grout and fluid injection
- Grout hose connection via VictaulicTM connectors